GRE exam room experience
তিনটি সেকশন আছে GRE তে। পরীক্ষা শুরু হয় এনালিটিক্যাল রাইটিং সেকশন দিয়ে।
1. For the Issue task, hurry a little.
2. Read the instruction under the passage in the argument task. You will have some quick ideas on what to write.
3. A boy that took GRE today morning, said that there was an option to save the essays (he claims that it was written in bold letters) before going to the next section. But, I found nothing like that. So, if it is not there, then it is not there; nothing to worry about.
1. Vocabulary is not needed, it is a misconception. One will need vocabulary in every type of verbal question. Even, reading comprehension passages contain many unfamiliar words, of which some are not even in Barron’s.
2. Sentence completion type questions are needed to be solved very quickly to save time for the reading comprehension type questions. There are 9 to 10 such questions.
3. Take the facility of skipping questions. Finish the Sentence completion (text completion and sentence equivalence) questions first (10 questions within 10 minutes) and then come back later for comprehension questions. Sometime, when Sentence equivalence (which are easy) comes at the end, but no time is remaining because of the long passages. So, take your sure shots first.
4. I found the quality of text completion questions quite similar to those of Big Book. Practicing from Big Book, will really help.
1. Math section became easier, I guess.
2. The calculator is quite handy, if anyone doesn’t like to perform simple mathematical operations mentally. Otherwise, it has no special significance.
3. Data interpretation questions are not that frequent as it was pronounced. In my calculation, it is reduced. Previously, there were 5/6 such questions out of total 28 questions. Now, there will be 6 such questions out of 40 questions (3 in each quantitative section).
4. Hurry up in the remaining questions, to make room for Data interpretation type questions. Again, you can skip these questions to come back later.
5. Think straight and do not waste time for easy questions. If you wonder how such easy questiton can come in GRE and waste time, that may seriously jeopardize the time bank for calculating data interpretation problems. Like, a question came today that looks like this….
column A = x
Column B = x^2
The simple answer is D, nothing to waste time.
Contact the graduate admission director before taking the test on which department to select. Sometime the department code is not mentioned in the website. This is just for the ease of your later activities. So, don’t worry too much. Once the score enters the system of a university, it can be accessed by any department.
Take all the breaks (60 seconds breaks and 10 minute break) and relax a little. The test is long (more than 4 hours), containing a total of 6 sections (including an unidentified research section).